Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is your light out?


So I know it has been awhile since I have posted something on here. God has taken me through some much in the last 6 months. You know here all the time that you need to do what the Lord wants and you need to submit. Those are only words until you actually follow through with that and really obey the Lord when he is calling out to you. I am experiencing this right now and I know that I am in a safe place and that the Lord is not going to let anything hurt me as long as I am here. But obeying the Lord comes with responsibilities. That responsibility is to be the light of the world as we are called to be in Matt 5:14. Henry Blackaby says that the problem is not that there is too much darkness, the problem is that our light is not shining in the dark places. For those of you who know me and you know that I like Charlie Hall, he has a song "Song of the Redeemed" in that song there is a verse that says "We sing it in the darkest place, we shine the light of beauty and grace." We need to be in that darkest place, our light needs to be shining everywhere we go, whether that be in church, home, work, or a basketball game. Are you doing these things, are you letting your light shine always, or is the dimmer on? Like I said with obeying comes respinsibility to the Lord, and that is to never let your light go out, if you have the light of Christ, then it never goes out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoy reading your blog.
you rock, carr.
<><

ps- i'm grabbing my ear in your profile picture. that is funny!