Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Temptations We Face


"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin." Hebrews 4:15

We all go through temptations everyday, whether that be physical temptations or temptations to just do what the world does. I struggle with this everyday, whether or not to dive into the word or take that ever so relaxing nap. Whether or not to spend time with people I need to be investing in or to play video games or watch TV. These are the temptations we face everyday. I have learned that we are not going through temptations so that we can sin and that the devil can say we did bad things. The reason that Satan tempts us is so that he can draw us away from the Lord. But what I am trying to say is that during these times of temptation we should be drawing closer to the Lord and seeking his wisdom and guidance throughout all of this. No one is going to be able to get you out of temptation better then Jesus Christ. If you are struggling with this then draw closer to him and dive into his word, cause there is nothing better then the word of God, not even that video game you are playing. I am saying all of this because this is what I am going through right now. The point behind this blog is to share with you all what I going through in hopes of helping you all out through my struggles.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post Ben. I'll keep checking back here :)